Posted by rebeccamckay on August 9, 2011
With boudoir really becoming more and more popular and more photographers offering it you may find yourself doing a little research and you may feel overwhelmed with the options you find.
I thought I would do a blog post on choosing your Boudoir Photographer.
Of course one very important detail is liking the images you see on your photographer’s website/blog. This is usually the first step to finding your boudoir photographer.
I think comfort and instinct are major keys when choosing your boudoir photographer. I cannot tell you how many emails I get where my client says “I looked everywhere and stumbled upon your website…and while I can’t place my finger on it, I just know you are my boudoir photographer” It makes me feel good that they connect with me and trust me enough to share in such an intimate and most of the time once in a life time experience with them.
I also think it is important to connect with your photographer right from the start. I know most of the communication will be through the phone and or email, but you will still be able to get a sense of the comfort you feel from your photographer.
So, next question…why choose Rebecca McKay Photography for your Boudoir Pictures?
- As a photographer, I care about you as a client. I value your time and your emotions that go into such a shoot, and I honestly feel honored to be able to connect with you and allow your beauty to shine through. I believe boudoir photography allows you to see yourself through someone else’s eyes; my eyes. I look for the beauty in each and every client, no matter their size, shape or hair color (you get the point!!). I believe each woman has something so gorgeous about them; and sometimes seeing ourselves through someone else’s eyes helps us see that beauty for ourselves.
- I make it my biggest goal from beginning to end to make sure you are comfortable and that you feel and look your absolute best. Boudoir can easily go one way or another, and it is my goal to make you look and feel your absolute best all while keeping it very classy!
- I hire professional and experienced make up artists and hair stylists. I insist on hiring staff who will help me reach my goal…making your beauty shine through! :)
- Post processing. All images are sorted through one by one and only the best, most flattering images are returned to you completely retouched and flawless. You will still look like yourself, only at your absolute best. So not only are they edited by a professional who has years of training and learning under her garter belt, but they are also kept private from beginning to end. This is also at no extra charge and included in every single package.
- Experience. Over three years ago, I established Edmonton Boudoir Photography. After taking over 150 woman’s photos with Edmonton Boudoir Photography, I decided it was time to branch out on my own to take things in a new direction. Over a year later, and I’m still thrilled each time I get an email from a new client (or an existing client for that matter). I absolutely feel privledged that so many woman have trusted me to take such intimiate photos of them. I have worked with all body shapes and sizes. I know many of you email me to ask if I can share more photos of plus sized woman. But I do give my clients the right to refuse sharing their photos online.
- Privacy. As a photographer, I naturally own the copyright to your images, but it is my promise to keep your shoot private. I am running a business and I am a professional and to keep my status at that level, I must also treat you with respect. Your privacy is the most important thing.
- You can bring a friend along. I know this can be a little nervous, but you are always welcome to bring a girlfriend along with you. It’s a lot of fun and who knows, if she comes to me for a shoot, you get a little extra in return for the referral!
- Posing. I have spend many hours studying and working first hand with posing all different shapes and sizes. Women come in all different shapes and sizes and it’s important to choose poses that accentuate each woman’s best features. I promise to make you look and feel your absolute best at all times.
- Communication. I think communication is very important and with today’s technology, made super easy. I give all of my clients my personal cell number and email. If at any time they need to reach me, they can. I am there for YOU, no matter what.
There you have it; my take on why you should choose Rebecca McKay Photography to take your Boudoir Photographs for you! In the end, the choice is up to you but I just ask that you do your research, go with someone you know will make you happy and that you’re comfortable with. Your photographers attitude and effort from beginning to end really matters and plays a role into your entire shoot.
I look forward to hearing from you soon,
And what would a post be without a photo???